Sunday, October 08, 2017

JSF HTML Whitespace, JS, and CSS Compression

This is the second approach to whitespace removal, JS, and CSS compression. In my article Whitespace Servlet Filter, I mentioned that I tried a number of approaches using htmlcompressor to accomplish this task.

This was my second approach which was to wrap the ResponseWriter in JSF to accomplish this task. The approach worked, but was abandoned before I finished writing some additional code to handle AJAX. This could be easily resolved with code that is similar to that found in Whitespace Servlet Filter.

This approach is very specific to JSF and relies on the project being pure JSF. The filter approach is more flexible in my judgement. I did think it was important to publish the code though on Github.

The code for the project can be found here: jsf-html-compressor.

0 comments :

Popular Posts